[Security-Discuss] CRC/RBTC/RISE SW-VA Regional IT-Professional Capture The Flag (free food, beer & CTF pentest prizes!)

Weeks, Thomas "Tweeks" t.weeks at vt.edu
Tue Aug 29 09:25:10 EST 2023

Hey all..

It's time for the second annual IT-Professional Capture the Flag!  Do you have what it takes?
[cid:91d08cf7-0b87-489b-8994-4cc5bb02b459]<https://go.vacr.io/ctf-info>

Register for the CTF event or Game Changer Week here (FREE):  go.vacr.io/rbtc-ctf<https://go.vacr.io/rbtc-ctf>

All events are happening in the VT CRC, in/around the new TORC building (old Rackspace building) in the CRC. Map - https://goo.gl/maps/ujaxRvodZTTP39FC6

If you're an extravert-party-person, then come a little early (4pm) and check out the CRC Game Changer Block Party with music, drinks and food trucks!
If you're more an introvert (like me), just show up at the map link above just before 5:30, get your food & beer and settle in for the CTF. 🙂

Either way.. if you're wanting to play the CTF, then don't forget to bring your laptop and power supply! If you have any WiFi sniffers, Kali Linux VMs, Raspberry Pis, NFC/RFID readers or hardware hacking tools.. bring those too! (you'll need them).  All players will also get a free account on the Cyber Range (Kali Linux VM in the cloud), if needed.

We provide the food, drinks, and thumping electro-hacking tunez.
[cid:9d15015f-107e-49b9-972f-f881f96c6837]

CTF-player seating IS limited.. so RSVP now to reserve your seat.. go.vacr.io/rbtc-ctf<https://go.vacr.io/rbtc-ctf>
(thanks to our sponsors, signup is FREE!).

CTF prizes include various high dollar penetration tool giveaways, HAK5.com gift certificates, RspberryPi 4s and various "adult beverages":
[cid:5d499d99-b0aa-42d4-bb5e-b8e906665b14]
[cid:241d0ff6-6c1a-4b3a-b897-3f1f72edc99e]

If you want to just come to check it out and watch.. go ahead and RSVP too<https://go.vacr.io/rbtc-ctf> and come hang with us (non-player RSVPs are just for food and drinks head count). If you decide to join us in playing the CTF, no matter what your expertise level, you'll learn something new about infosec and cyberdefense.

Or join us on the RBTC-Cybersec Slack Channel here<https://join.slack.com/t/roanokeblacks-pvp1374/shared_invite/zt-228lhwlnm-Ll3t9Zbx_6Ny2wwFyggHFA>.

Cheers,
--
T.Weeks