[Security-Discuss] 8 more "Son of Spectre" flaws in Intel chipsets found

Weeks, Thomas t.weeks at vt.edu
Fri May 4 10:07:05 EST 2018

Wow..

"A total of eight new security flaws in Intel CPUs have already been reported to
the manufacturer by several teams of researchers. For now, details on the flaws
are being kept secret. All eight are essentially caused by the same design
problem - you could say that they are Spectre Next Generation.

c't has exclusive information on Spectre-NG, which we have been able to verify
in several ways - we double and triple checked all the facts. Nonetheless, we
will not publish technical details as long as there is still a chance that
manufacturers will get their security updates ready before the details of the
flaws become public. However, we will use our information to report about
future releases of patches and provide background information."

https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html

T.Weeks