[Security-Discuss] JOB: Security Professional Faculty Position at Radford U.

Weeks, Thomas t.weeks at vt.edu
Wed May 16 16:47:22 EST 2018

I anyone is interested.. let me know and I'll connect you..

---------

Radford University is an NSA/DHS Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.

The RU Department of Information Technology seeks qualified applicants with interest in cyber security for a full-time, continuing 9-month special purpose faculty position (non tenure-track) beginning Fall 2018. Candidates must:

* Have a Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.

* Demonstrate enthusiasm to teach computer and network security courses. Preference will be given to candidates who can also teach other fundamental computer science or information systems courses.

* Have the experience to support the department’s project-based curriculum providing real-world experiences to undergraduates by incorporating hands-on exercises in undergraduate security classes.

Prior industry, military or academic experience in cybersecurity is a plus.

Scholarship and service requirements during the academic year may include traveling to events, meetings and conferences and collaborating with other faculty on outreach activities. The position provides competitive salary and benefits.

(more details available on request)

Thomas "Tweeks" Weeks
Director, Technology Futures and Community Advocacy
Division of Information Technology, Virginia Tech + www.VirginiaCyberRange.org<http://www.VirginiaCyberRange.org>