[STEM-Announce] Save the Date: Fossil Unwrapping Party! Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2018, 6:30-8:00pm

Weeks, Thomas t.weeks at vt.edu
Tue Sep 18 10:11:38 EST 2018

From: Museum of Geosciences <mogs at vt.edu<mailto:mogs at vt.edu>>
Date: Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 1:55 PM
Subject: Save the Date: Fossil Unwrapping Party! Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2018, 6:30-8:00pm

Fossil Unwrapping Party

Wednesday, September 26, 2018. 6:30-8:00. Starts at NCB 360, then Derring 2062.

A fall tradition with our paleontologists Dr. Nesbitt and Dr. Stocker--hear about their summer field season then help unpack some of the fossils the team collected. They found bones from reptiles 215 million years old from Arizona!

We will start with a brief presentation at 6:30 in Room 360, New Classroom Building (NCB). Then at about 7:15 we will go to the building next door to unwrap the fossils in the Museum, 2062 Derring.

This free museum program is open to the public, and is appropriate for VT students, K-12 teachers, community members, and families bringing kids over age 7.

Please pre-register by emailing mogs at vt.edu<mailto:mogs at vt.edu> with how many adults and kids, and your name and email in case we need to contact you about program changes. We can also let you know about future museum programs.

Thanks!
Llyn Sharp
Museum Coordinator

--