[Security-Announce] Roanoke Information Security Exchange (RISE) meeting 9/14

Weeks, Thomas t.weeks at vt.edu
Thu Sep 7 17:10:48 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to extend an invite to the next RISE meeting. It is at 5:30pm on 9/14. All meetings are free to attend and we usually have free beer for those over 21.

The topic will be about the most common vulnerabilities that pen testers find and how to defend against them. Details about the meeting are on the RISE website:
https://roanokeinfosec.com/2017/09/06/sept-2017-low-hanging-fruit/

Any questions or discussion can be sent to the security discussion list:
http://lists.rbtc.tech/pipermail/security-discuss/2017-September/thread.html

or feel free to contact me directly if needed.

Hope to see you there,

Nate Sykes, GSEC, GMON
Assistant Director, IT Operations
Nathaniel.Sykes at rksolutions.com