[Security-Announce] RBTC Call for 2021 Security Meeting Topics

Thomas Tweeks Weeks tom at theweeks.org
Wed Jan 27 14:36:18 EST 2021

Happy 2021 folks!
(or happy to be out of 2020 at least :)

2021 Presentation Ideas:
I'm kicking off some planning/brainstorming for the 2021 RBTC Cyber Security Forums meeting talks.. and wanted to poll you all on topics. Instead of a formal poll.. I'm just looking for some topical ideas and discussions & feedback right now.  We would like ideas for at least Q1 and Q2.

If you got this email from the [Security-Announce] read-only mail list, then join the [Security-Discuss] list to share your thoughts (after joining here here:

Also, when submitting ideas.. indicate what format you think works best:
 a single SME-led topical presentation (good for narrow scope talks)
 a multi-SME-led panel discussion (good for wider scope talks)
 a security hands on workshop (think, bring-a-laptop, hands on)
And if you have a presenter you know of who might be interested in pitching in.

Have a productive & safe 2021!

T.Weeks
Cybersecurity Forum
p.s. Here's a rather serious zero day exploit in Linux some of you might be interested in: [ https://www.sudo.ws/alerts/unescape_overflow.html ]( https://www.sudo.ws/alerts/unescape_overflow.html )